Monday, June 6, 2016

Creation Station: New Catalog kick-off!!!



Howdy everyone!!!  It's the first Sunday of the month and that means that the Creation Station Design Team is ready to knock your socks off !  This month we are going to show you some great new products out of the NEW Annual Catalog!!!

Are you ready?


For my first card I went with the Swirly Bird set. I wasn't real sure about this set at first - there a re a few elements that I'm just not sure what they are..... But knew I could do some things with it that I'd be happy with. And I've been seeing some of these swirly flowers around the web for a while and have loved them. So....to be honest, I really just wanted the flowers....but there are a few other ideas floating around in my head!  Here's the card: 
I simply heat embossed the small swirltly image using clear embossing powder on watercolor paper.  I did this randomly and spaced out a bit.  Then I created a mask and covered up the flowers that I'd already heat embossed, and stamped some more flowers, heat embossed those.  These all got colored using Watermelon Wonder, Flirty Flamingo, and Peekaboo Peach.  I went in and stamped some leaves, then used an Aqua Painter to soften them up, making them appear like they were water colored too.  Then I used some Soft Sky and watercolered in the background.


The sentiment comes from the Watercolor Wishes Card Kit. I stamped it on a piece of Vellum, and cut with the Lots of Labels Framelits.  Then I created a frame with the same Framelits using Flirty Flamingo card stock. I could hide my foam adhesive strips behind the frame and adhere to my card. 



My next card is pretty simple. I went with the Time of Year Hostess set, this set really does the work for you.  



I stamped the main sentiment on Whisper White, then die cut it with the new Layering squares  Framelits.  Added a black layering square with the scalloped edge behind it.  Then I stamped some of the flowers from the set in Flirty Flamingo and Daffodil Delight.



To create my background, I used a piece of gold polka dot dsp from the Pop of Pink Specialty paper and sponged on Blushing Bride, sweet Sugarplum, and Rich Razzleberry in an ombré fashion.  The gold polka dots will resist the ink.


I hope I've given you some new ideas......now it's time to travel to the next blog for even more inspiration!

http://theartfulinker.com/creation-station-blog-hop-catalog-sneak-peek-2016/         http://kkstamp.blogspot.com/2016/06/creation-station-new-product-showcase.html

2 comments:

Elizabeth Price said...

Wowza, your floral card is so gorgeous--I am blown away!

Michelle said...

Love your swirly bird card! Love how you did the banner sentiment in vellum. So cool!